Sassy Friends!

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Renaissance Cosmetics: Ennui, Melancholia & Rapture


Hello my polishes friends! I hope this post finds you well. Today I have 3 polishes from Renaissance Cosmetics' Anniversary Collection. I'm so excited to show these to you, I've been honored to swatch and review for Meghan over the course of this last year. I have truly enjoyed using and showing you all her magnificent lacquers. She really does have some of the best to offer. The quality is always excellent and she has extremely fast shipping, especially since she is located in Canada!  If you haven't tried Renaissance I highly recommend you do! 


Ennui: a light gray crelly base that has periwinkle, navy, midnight blue, iridescent & silver micro glitters with a subtle purple shimmer. 
Shown as 2 coats, topped with Superchic Marvel Top Coat.  

I feel like I failed Meghan with my photos I took of Ennui. There is a wonderfully delicate shimmer I tried so hard to capture but I failed miserably. I will admit it is kore noticeable in the bottle than on the nail, but it does show when the light hits the nail just right. The glitters are perfect, they spread across the nail nice and evenly and stl land our well in this opaque crelly base. I'm still a sucker for a good crelly polish and I love this one. 




Melancholia: a dark blue opaque jelly with small silver & gold holo glitters and a blue-copper shimmer. 
Shown as 2 coats, topped with Marvel Top Coat. 

*Swoon* I love blue polish. I love sparkly polish. This is probably the most stunning midnight blue polish I have in my arsenal. The glitters aren't overwhelming, they give it just the right touch of sparkle so you can still enjoy the base color and the lovely shimmer. This is by far my favorite of the 3. 




Rapture: a mix of silver, black and a hint of purple micro glitters with a hint of a purple shimmer and spectraflair. 
Shown as 2 coats, topped with Marvel Top Coat. 

Ok, first thing, this gave amazing coverage with just 2 coats for being a micro glitter. There was absolutely no dragging or clumping of the glitters, just smooth and perfect application. Second, it did not, I repeat- DID NOT eat my top coat. I used one coat of top coat and it was perfectly smooth. Usually micro glitter polishes tend to get "hungry" and you either need a glitter smoothing top coat or multiple layers of your regular fast dry. For this beauty I used one and I was done. Glitter dense and not hungry = winner in my book! 




You can purchase these and many other Renaissance lacquers online at  renaissancecosmetics.com, these retail for $10 per full size bottle.

What do you think of these? Are there any you need in your collection?

Make sure to follow Renaissance Cosmetics on these social media sites:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, suggestions, questions etc. so feel free to leave your feedback! I may not always respond to each and every comment but I do read them all! If you want me to check out your blog leave a comment on the blog roll page (that tab is at the top of the page). Please do not leave links on my main page, they WILL BE DELETED! If you would like to have me review your product you can find my info in the Contact/Pr Info tab at the top of the page! Thanks for reading and subscribing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...