Sassy Friends!

Friday, September 5, 2014

Poppy Nail Polish: "Oh Violet" and "My Fair Maiden" swatches & Review


Hello my polished pretties! I have a new  indie brand to show you today. Poppy is owned by Tiffany Barry out of Atlanta Georgia. She has created a beautiful line of polishes that are 5-Free (meaning they do not contain dibutyl phthalate (DBP), toluene, formaldehyde, formaldehyde resin, or camphor), cruelty-free, and vegan! So let's take a look at the two lovely lacquers I have for you today...



 Oh Violet...
...a soft shimmery violet.
Shown as 2 coats topped with Sally Hansen Insta-Dry
Honestly I was expecting this to be really sheer. Much to my surprise when I applied it it was very opaque, almost a 1 coater. The formula is excellent, applying smooth as silk, no dragging flooding or thickening during application. Great quality!  The shimmer make this a winner to me, this would be a great shade to wear year round. 





My Fair Maiden...
...a mint creme with grayish undertones.
Shown here as 2 coats topped with Sally Hansen Insta-Dry.

This has an excellent formula. It didn't flood the nail or drag creating bald spots. It's wonderfully opaque and has a nice glossy finish even without the top coat. This is perfect for spring and summer but since it has that  gray undertone to it I can see wearing it during the colder months as well! 





These two and many other beautiful shades can be purchased at poppynailpolish.com where they retail for $12 each. 

Follow Poppy on these social media sites:
Instagram @poppynailpolish


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, suggestions, questions etc. so feel free to leave your feedback! I may not always respond to each and every comment but I do read them all! If you want me to check out your blog leave a comment on the blog roll page (that tab is at the top of the page). Please do not leave links on my main page, they WILL BE DELETED! If you would like to have me review your product you can find my info in the Contact/Pr Info tab at the top of the page! Thanks for reading and subscribing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...