Sassy Friends!

Friday, December 27, 2013

Renaissance Custom Lacquer: "Mount Pleasant", "The Danforth" & "Crystalline"


Hello loves! Did you all have a good holiday? My Christmas was nice, actually we are still enjoying it. My husband is off of work for a while so I am trying to enjoy as much time with him as I can. I have managed to get a few of my review polishes swatched in the small amount of down time I have had so I wanted to put a post together really quick for you! 

A few weeks back I showed you some polishes from Renaissance Cosmetics, a new indie brand brought to us by Meghan of Will Paint Nails For Food and her sister Laura. Well these two ladies have been some busy bees because they have several new polishes available since then! Today I have 3 to show you.


Mount Pleasant…
…an emerald green with green shimmer.
All photos of Mount Pleasant  are shown as 1 coat topped with Nail Pattern Boldness Digital Flash. 




This baby has an excellent formula! One coat for full coverage makes this a winner all by itself but in addition to that it flows on the nail so smooth and with no effort. It doesn't pool, drag or flood and it is self leveling. The shimmer is subtle but still very beautiful! 


The Danforth…
…a deep eggplant purple with fleck-like shimmer in fuchsia and hints of gold and green.
All photos of The Danforth are shown as 1 coat topped with Nail Pattern Boldness Digital Flash.




The photos do not do this justice, it really must bee seen in person to fully appreciate its beauty. The shimmer was a bit difficult to show properly, the fuchsia is very dominant but the green does come out and play in the right light appearing almost teal. I was unable to capture the gold which seems to be the faintest of the three. Formula wise this stunner is exactly like Mount Pleasant, smooth and perfect. Meghan and Laura have really got their formula perfected! 


Crystalline…
…a spectraflair based glitter topper with a light to medium holo effect with gold, blue, lavender and white hexes and snowflake shaped glitters.
All photos of Crystalline are shown as 1 coat over The Danforth topped with Nail Pattern Boldness Digital Flash.

Outdoor

Lightbox

Lightbox

This gives a lot of coverage for a glitter topper, you can hardly tell that the color underneath is purple. The snowflakes can be a bit tricky to get out of the bottle but I believe they are intended to be more of an accent to the polish instead of the “main attraction”.  It does finish a bit textured so I would recommend using either an extra coat of top coat or a glitter smoothing top coat before your usual top coat, however the glitter smoothing top coat may dull the holo! There is a lot going on in this so if you are a glitter and holo lover this is right up your ally!

Outdoor

You can purchase Renaissance Cosmetics online at renaissancecosmetics.com. All polishes are $9 per full size bottle, though I do believe there is a year end sale going on until the 31st! 

Make sure to follow Renaissance Cosmetics on these social media sites:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, suggestions, questions etc. so feel free to leave your feedback! I may not always respond to each and every comment but I do read them all! If you want me to check out your blog leave a comment on the blog roll page (that tab is at the top of the page). Please do not leave links on my main page, they WILL BE DELETED! If you would like to have me review your product you can find my info in the Contact/Pr Info tab at the top of the page! Thanks for reading and subscribing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...