Sassy Friends!

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Nail Pattern Boldness: A Parliament of Magpies swatches and review part 1


Happy hump day my lovelies! How has everyone been? Today I have a kick ass post for you all! I recently received the biggest Nail Pattern Boldness package containing the newest, soon to be released, collection: A Parliament of Magpies. This collection consists of 12 shades, all are micro glitters with small glitter accents. These are great all on their own as full coverage or if you prefer they can be layered over another shade. Since there are so many in this collection I decided to break the collection up into 3 posts. To save you from having to read the same thing over and over again in this post I will give you the details at the beginning of the post. 


All 4 of these polishes are shown as 2 coats over NPB Glitter-A-Peel. I decided to have a tiny bit of fun and did a glitter gradient on my ring finger for each, all are 2 sponged coats. Since these are micro glitters they will dry to a textured finish and will be super hungry so they will “eat” your top coat. This is why I chose to top all of them with 1 coat Glitter Food to smooth it out before my 1 coat of Digital Flash (review coming soon) for my glassy smooth finish! 

Each one of these beauties applies amazingly. The glitter is so dense in each of these and so much comes out on the brush that only 2 coats were needed leaving just a tiny bit of nail visible underneath and only if you really look hard, if this bugs you a third coat could fix that but I think two is plenty. The formulas are thick enough that they give you a great amount of control so you won’t flood the nail, which is great for a glitter bomb since it can mean wearing as much glitter on your finger as on the nail! You will need to make sure that you let them dry down enough between coats to prevent clumping. 

Chatty…
…periwinkle micro glitters, extra small purple and small fuchsia glitters in a clear base.




This is so pretty! The purple glitters can be a bit difficult to pick out separately but you can see them much better in person when the light hit’s the nail just right. I love this color combo and I knew I would, it’s no secret I’m a huge fan of blue!


Clairvoyant Visitor…
…gunmetal micro glitters, extra small rose pink and small fuchsia glitters in a clear base.




This is a stunner! I got to wear this one the longest of the 4 and it kept me staring at my nails! The pink and fuchsia mixed in with the gunmetal almost make you think you’re wearing purple when you just catch a glance at times! 


Love Returns…
…Fuchsia micro glitters extra small rose pink and small teal glitters in a clear base.




Sort of like with the purple glitters in Chatty, the rose pink glitters can seem a bit hidden until the light hit’s the nail just right. Again, this is a winning combo of colors, some of my favorites all on one polish!


Magpie’s Treasure…
…Gold micro glitters and small holographic brown glitters in a clear base.




Much to my surprise this is my favorite of this group. I love all of them but this one is super duper amazing to me. I’m not usually one to favor gold, I actually prefer silver over gold but this just looks so yummy on my nails! Note that my description of this one may be a bit off...I'm not 100% that the brown glitters are holo or if there are some bronze holos mixed in. My eyes keep playing with me on this one and I don't fully trust them with that bit of info! LOL

(Photo)

This collection is not yet for sale but Allison plans on releasing it sometime this month. When she does they will be available for purchase online at  nailpatternboldness.com.  Remember all orders over $45 will ship free to the US and Canada and as always all NPB's are 3 free (except Nail-A-Peel), cruelty free and are thoroughly tested for the most excellent quality!

Make sure to follow NPB on these social media sites to stay updated on release dates and restock info:

I still have 8 more polishes from this collection to show you, I hope to have part 2 up sometime Friday, so check back in for that! What are your thoughts so far? Any favorites yet? Any of them you are looking forward to seeing swatches for? 
♥ Gini ♥



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, suggestions, questions etc. so feel free to leave your feedback! I may not always respond to each and every comment but I do read them all! If you want me to check out your blog leave a comment on the blog roll page (that tab is at the top of the page). Please do not leave links on my main page, they WILL BE DELETED! If you would like to have me review your product you can find my info in the Contact/Pr Info tab at the top of the page! Thanks for reading and subscribing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...