Sassy Friends!

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Alanna Renee Cosmetics "Dementor", "Chocolate Frog" & "Drink of Despair"


Hello loves!!! A couple of months back I did a review of some amazing Alanna Renee polishes! I fell hard and fast for this Aussie Indie brand even before I had reviewed any of the polishes, especially because I saw that there was a whole line of Harry Potter themed polishes...the Magical World collection. I was immediately heartbroken when when I realized that I was unable to get these Australian pretties on my American digits! Then about a week or so after I reviewed my first Alanna Renee's Sisi from Color4Nails announced that she would be carrying the entire Magical World collection!! Be Still My Beating Heart! Sisi has sent me these 3 beauties to show you all today! I am slowing ordering the rest of the collection because lets face it, I NEED THEM ALL!!

 Dementor...
...a mix of silver and gun metal gray glitters in a black jelly base.
All photos of Dementor are shown as 2 coats topped with 1 coat of SH Mega Shine.








"Dementors are among the foulest creatures that walk this earth. They infest the darkest, filthiest places, they glory in decay and despair, they drain peace, hope, and happiness out of the air around them... Get too near a Dementor and every good feeling, every happy memory will be sucked out of you. If it can, the Dementor will feed on you long enough to reduce you to something like itself...soulless and evil. You will be left with nothing but the worst experiences of your life.-Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban [src]

There are so many shiny glitters in this beauty that my camera went a little crazy! LOL The formula was a but thick but nothing that was problematic, like I said there are just a lot of glitters. The base color itself is a bit sheer but the fact that it is packed with glitter it gives great coverage in 2 coats. and the glitters do lay pretty flush against the nail and didn't require a glitter smoothing top coat. This really does make me think of the shimmery darkness of the Dementors of the Wizarding World!




Chocolate Frog...
...a mix of gold and brown glitters in a royal blue jelly base.
All photos of Chocolate Frog are shown as 2 coats topped with 1 coat SH Mega Shine.






"Chocolate Frogs are a popular confection that are sold throughout the wizarding world. They are packaged with collectible cards portraying famous wizards and witches. Many of the pupils at Hogwarts collect and trade these cards. The frogs are made of seventy percent Croakoa- presumably, this substance is what allows them to act like an actual frog." [src]

This polish is designed after the package that the jumping chocolate treats come in. It's formula is much like Dementor, a tad thick but not too thick to work with. The base color is really opaque and almost a one coater. The blue jelly over the gold gives off a kind of green color which is really pretty. The gold hexes are in 3 different sizes and they are holo, giving this a gorgeous sparkle! Alanna really captured the look of the packaging in this polish! 


Drink of Despair...
...a mix of small emerald green glitters in a green jelly base.
All photos of Drink of Despair are shown as 2 coats topped with 1 coat of SH Mega Shine.







The drink of Despair is a mysterious potion which induces fear, delirium, and extreme thirst. It is emerald green and glows phosphorescently.
Harry: "You think the Horcrux is in there, sir?"
Dumbledore: "Oh yes. But how to reach it? This potion cannot be penetrated by hand, vanished, parted, scooped up, or siphoned away, nor can it be transfigured, charmed, or otherwise made to change its nature. I can only conclude this potion is supposed to be drunk." - Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince [src]
I am so surprised at how much I actually love this polish! I originally thought that at was going to be my least favorite out of the three. I was very wrong! It is my favorite, while I haven't tried the rest of the collection yet, I would be surprised if any of the others top this one! The formula is perfect!I had so much control when applying this what you see in these photos is without clean up! I have to admire a polish that allows me to polish, as clumsily as I do at times, without the need for any extra attention. Just apply and done! :) I was also worried that the small glitters would eat my top coat and make this bumpy/textured. That wasn't the case! The bonus, my hubby LOVES this as well! His favorite color is green and he prefers small glitters so this one earned his approval! 



You can place an order through Color4Nails by emailing Color4Nails21@gmail.com.
 Alanna Renee's Magical World collection retails for $11 per 12ml bottle. $4 flat rate shipping (US) is available, which is up to 12 bottles.  International shipping  is available  as well, with the exception of Italy, South Africa and Central America, please email Sisi for pricing. If you follow Color4Nails on Facebook (click here) you can get updates on current stock and any new brands that will be available! 
You can also follow on Instagram @color4nails

What do you think? Will you order any of these? I know I will be ordering some!
♥ Gini ♥

All 13 shades from the Magical World collection.
Pic Credit to Alanna Renee Cosmetics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, suggestions, questions etc. so feel free to leave your feedback! I may not always respond to each and every comment but I do read them all! If you want me to check out your blog leave a comment on the blog roll page (that tab is at the top of the page). Please do not leave links on my main page, they WILL BE DELETED! If you would like to have me review your product you can find my info in the Contact/Pr Info tab at the top of the page! Thanks for reading and subscribing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...