Sassy Friends!

Friday, June 21, 2013

Rainbow Honey: The Summer of 199X Collection "Tessie", "Mint Flavor" & "Magic Cake"


Rainbow Honey presents its newest collection, Summer of 199X featuring 10 new colors inspired by the 1995 SNES hit, Earthbound.

"Another video game that holds a special place in my heart! I wanted this collection to bring me back into the game, and I think each new lacquer takes me to a special moment or reminds me of a certain boss that resulted in one too many Game Over’s...Part I is made up of 5 new glitterbombs bursting with shimmer and color - they all layer to opacity but can be used over other colors as well. Part II is 3 new shimmer-dusted cremes and 2 new glitter toppers that give each creme a bold or sweet look. I am so excited to add these all to our lineup!” – Dee 

Today I have 3 of the 10 new polishes in this collection to show you. So lets get to it shall we?


Tessie...
...a dusty, shimmery periwinkle.
All photos of Tessie are shown as 2 coats topped with SH Diamond Flash.

Color Accurate




Color Accurate

This shade is described as periwinkle and even shows up that way, while I agree it has a slight blue it appears more lavender than blue to me. The photos that are color accurate were taken with my phone, but they weren't coming out clear enough so I took the rest with my camera to give you a clearer picture even though the color shows way too blue. 
The formula is amazing! Almost fully opaque with the first coat, the second just leveled it out completely. The blue shifting to pink/purple shimmer, which was next to impossible for me to capture on the nail for some reason, was intense. It was not shy on the nail at all showing up in every kind of light. 


Magic Cake...
...neon pink, green and blue with lots of shimmer in a clear base.
All photos of Magic Cake are shown as 1 coat over white topped with NPB Glitter Food and SH Diamond Flash.






I love the way this looks over white, it makes it look like frosting with sugar and sprinkles. The formula was excellent, it suspended the neon glitters so well, some  neon glitters tend to be heavy and sink or even stick together. These were super cooperative, spreading on the nail evenly and smooth. I did use Glitter Food just to make sure that my mani was smooth, since so many glitters came out of the bottle with 1 coat! :) 


Mint Flavor...
...a shimmery creamy mint.
All photos of Mint Flavor are shown as 3 coats topped with SH Diamond Flash.






This color is exactly how you expect from the description. The shimmer, again, was hard to capture on camera for some reason but very apparent in person. You can see what it looks like in the pictures by looking at the bottle, for all 3 of these polish actually. The formula was stubborn compared to Tessie's amazing formula, even after 3 coats it was still fairly streaky and the top coat didn't really even it out much. I was looking forward to swatching this one the most of the 3 I received but the formula left me kind of disappointed. :(


What are your thoughts on this new collection and these shades I have shown you today? The Summer of 199X is available tonight 10PM EST! I get off my no buy, boo no buy, I am definitely ordering some of these beauties!  Especially some from part 1 of the collection!! 

Picture Credit: Rainbow Honey

You can purchase The Summer of 199x collection from Rainbow Honey on their website www.rainbowhoney.com. They retail for 10$ each full size, $90 for the full size entire set. Purchase of $50 or more receive a Free Secret Shade and Free Shipping! 

Follow Rainbow Honey on these social media sites:
Twitter @Rainbow_Honey
Instagram @rainbowhoney

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, suggestions, questions etc. so feel free to leave your feedback! I may not always respond to each and every comment but I do read them all! If you want me to check out your blog leave a comment on the blog roll page (that tab is at the top of the page). Please do not leave links on my main page, they WILL BE DELETED! If you would like to have me review your product you can find my info in the Contact/Pr Info tab at the top of the page! Thanks for reading and subscribing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...