Sassy Friends!

Monday, June 10, 2013

Femme Fatale Cosmetics "Tricky Treats" & "Sparkleshell"


I am so excited about today's post! I have recently dipped my fingers into the world of Aussie Indies and I am hooked! One of the names I had been dying to try for a long time has been Femme Fatale Cosmetics. Every single swatch I have seen has been pure awesomeness, so when I was given the opportunity to review for FFC I was ecstatic! Today I have 2 very beautiful polishes to show you.


Tricky Treats...
...a lightly tinted orange jelly base with predominantly orange glitter bars and hexes. Also has a scattering of pink hexes, holo pink hexes, holo gold bars, red and purple squares, tangerine hearts, and subtle amount of fine copper shimmer.
All photos of Tricky Treats are shown as 1 coat over a gradient using Zoya Thandie and Sinful Colors Snow Me White.






This polish was originally part of a trio for Halloween 2012 but has remained for sale while the other two have been discontinued. I really love how there are so many different sizes and shapes in this but it's not overwhelming. I'm not usually a fan of bar glitters but these play really well, laying flat against the nail and not making the mani look fuzzy. Application was so easy, the formula is perfect and goes on so smoothly and it dried really fast. The description says that there are supposed to be hearts but I didn't manage to get any out, which isn't really a big deal to me because I love the look of this without the hearts. I did top this off with a coat of NPB Glitter Food before my fast dry top coat, SH Diamond Flash. It wasn't overly lumpy or anything I just wanted to make sure it was totally smooth since there were several shapes of glitters on the nail. 


Sparkleshell...
...a pale ivory creme polish with a scattering of brown, golden holo and periwinkle hexes in various sizes.
For this mani I applied 3 coats to the middle while the index and ring fingers are shown as 2 coats over white, all are topped with SH Diamond Flash. 






How gorgeous is this? I decided to layer every other nail to see how much of a difference it would make. In my opinion, in the photos it isn't extremely noticeable but in person the white undies take away from the soft, delicate look of the polish. I prefer it without undies, it's has a squishy appearance without and more of a chalky with. Either way they are all 3 coats of polish, with and without undies, so I guess it's really your personal preference on how you want it to look. Application was a dream, no flooding, pooling dragging or thickening with use. I am in love with Femme Fatale!!! ♥♥♥


Aren't these just gorgeous? I have a couple more Femme Fatale beauties to post. I'll probably do that post next week and there will be a little surprise with it, so check back for that! :) 

You can purchase Femme Fatale Cosmetics at femmefatalecosmetics.com.au, lacquers are only purchasable directly if you are in Australia, but other cosmetics can be shipped worldwide. However...Femme Fatale has several international stockists that carry their gorgeous lacquers:
Color4Nails (US)
Llarrowe (US)
Harlow & Co. (CAN)
Le Doux Nuage (FR)
Shop Eclecticco (SG)
Beauty So Fly (SG)
Norway Nails (NO)
Please click the links for individual pricing and shipping.

Follow Femme Fatale Cosmetics on these social media sites:
Facebook
Twitter @FemmeFataleMMU
Instagram @femme_fatale_cosmetics

♥ Gini ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, suggestions, questions etc. so feel free to leave your feedback! I may not always respond to each and every comment but I do read them all! If you want me to check out your blog leave a comment on the blog roll page (that tab is at the top of the page). Please do not leave links on my main page, they WILL BE DELETED! If you would like to have me review your product you can find my info in the Contact/Pr Info tab at the top of the page! Thanks for reading and subscribing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...