Sassy Friends!

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Nail Pattern Boldness "Glitter-A-Peel"


Many of you may know that I am in love with Nail Pattern Boldness, some of you may also know I love using a peel off base coat for pretty much every single mani I post. So I was over the moon excited when Allison announced that she was going to be carrying a peel of base coat!


 As a blogger it is a life saver to use a peel off, my cuticles thank me every single day as do my nails. Acetone can be so drying and drying can cause your nails to become brittle, peel, and split. It's also harsh on our very delicate skin causing cracked and damaged cuticles. Moisturizers and cuticle oils can hep as can avoiding clipping cuticles and using clippers on your nails but minimizing the use of acetone can do wonders as well! For the last 8 months or so I have used Elmer's glue as my peel off base coat and while it works well, as well as being super cheap, it has it's drawbacks. Elmer's takes a while to dry. I always use 2 coats, since in my trial and error period I noticed 2 coats worked better than 1, so waiting about 10 minutes per coat gets to be kind of a pain. Sometimes I'd get distracted while waiting and would end up washing it off or it would peel off before I got the chance to apply the actual polish. Another thing is, the glue doesn't play well with clean up. You end up with a nasty gooey mess if you get too close to sides of the nail or your cuticles. So to avoid that goop I would try to keep the glue away and I would always end up with polish left on the nail after removal. Then finally is staying power. I could get 48 hours out of a glue mani (if I actually left one on that long in the first place), but that is the max before it would slide off or start to chip. 


I've been using Glitter-A-Peel for 2 weeks now and I am in love! Look at how clean my nails look with no additional clean up. There are tiny traces of glitter/polish but a swipe of a polish remover pad will do the trick and still allow me to avoid the use of acetone! 



I've played around with different combinations of Glitter-A-Peel and base coats and I have found that using 2 coats of Glitter-A-Peel and 1 coat of any base coat under your color/glitter is the best for easy removal! This dries so fast that once my first coat has been applied to each nail I can move on to the next coat and then right on to my base coat and then my polish. No long waits required, which is the biggest selling point for me! Removal was a bit trickier while in the testing phase, but since I have figured out what works best for me it is so easy and much more effective than using Elmer's. When using Elmer's I always removed starting at the cuticle, with Glitter-A-Peel I find it's best to start at the tip, basically taking my cuticle pusher and gently running it along the edge of the nail causing the wrapped polish to loosen from the nail then I just carefully slide the pusher under the polish lifting it away from the nail in one piece. I also love that even if I have something I have to do before I apply my polish, like use the restroom (never fails), I can actually do it and not have to worry about redoing all of my work after washing my hands or having it peel off prematurely! 
I am a bit dumb, since I forgot to take pictures of my before and after showing how well it wears. I did get 3 days off of one mani and still not a chip before I couldn't stand it any longer and had to remove it just because it felt weird to wear something that long! It pretty much wears like using your regular base coat alone. I will do further longevity testing on my right hand since I rarely change the polish on that hand as much and report back later, with photos, in another post! However I can safely say at this point, I am totally sold on Glitter-A-Peel, it will be a staple in my shash of top/base coats! 
I do want to note that this is NOT a glue base coat, this contains the usual solvents and plasticizers found in all nail polish. This is NOT three-free - and does contain Toluene. I don't find this to be a problem since it's just 1 product that I use that contains this ingredient, I think I'll be ok. Also it's not like there is a massive amount in it that is going to cause me any sort of harm by using this once in a while or even on a daily basis. Not to mention the fact that a lot of nail girls still use and swear by SV which also contains Toluene. If you are up in the air about the use of anything containing this ingredient this post by Lacquer Glamour has basically outlined all of the concerns and provides info on the use of products containing Toluene, so you can make your own informed decision. Click this link for that post.



You can purchase Nail Pattern Boldness on Etsy.  For you international gals it can also be found on Llarowe , both are priced at $8 US.

 Make sure to follow Nail Pattern Boldness on these Social Media sites:

♥ Gini ♥




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, suggestions, questions etc. so feel free to leave your feedback! I may not always respond to each and every comment but I do read them all! If you want me to check out your blog leave a comment on the blog roll page (that tab is at the top of the page). Please do not leave links on my main page, they WILL BE DELETED! If you would like to have me review your product you can find my info in the Contact/Pr Info tab at the top of the page! Thanks for reading and subscribing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...