Sassy Friends!

Friday, May 24, 2013

Mix-N-Match Mani - Guest Post by LOZLOSA!


Today's Guest post is brought to us by Lisa of  LOZLOSA a mother daughter duo who share a passion for polish. I love that these 2 ladies have such an awesome thing to bond over! Lisa is probably one of the friendliest and genuine ladies I have ever come across in the blogging world! She is also so well worded that she can make me giggle with her humorous posts and her encouraging comments! I only wish I could spin a phrase the way Lisa can, her posts are always entertaining along with her beautiful nails! I will now turn this post over to our guest poster, I know you will just love this beautiful mani!  ♥

Hi, everyone!  It's Lisa here, from LOZLOSA, and I'm tickled pink to be among those filling in for Gini this week, while our sassy girl is off on a well-deserved vacation. Though I don't have the dazzling stilettos of our polished friend, I DO share her unbounded enthusiasm for lacquer and nail art! 

Today, I've a  mix-n-match mani to show you.  It's one that features an elegant taupe and gold palette, and a kitchen sink of simple nail art techniques that anyone can do:  stamping, dots, French tips, and glitter! 

How's about we get started by checking out the lacquers?


L to R:  My Jay or the Highway! (Nicole by OPI), a smooth taupe-y creme; Heist (Pretty&Polished), a blingy brew of gold micro flakies in a clear top coat;  and Big Spender (Nina Ultra Pro), a blingy beauty that slips over the nail like gold leaf.

To begin, I applied two coats of Big Spender to my index fingers; and then My Jay or the Highway  on my remaining nails.  Three thin coats did the opacity trick with this creamy taupe.

Next up,  I used a trio of subtle "gilding" techniques on the middle three fingers...


Mixing and matching, from top to bottom...

Index:   Leafy image stamped with My Jay or the Highway, using Dashica's Big SdP-U plate
Middle:  French gilded tip, applied freehand with Big Spender
Ring: Gold dots created with bobby pin dipped in Big Spender

Over the thumb and pinky, went one coat of  Pretty & Polished's Heist, an indy-fied version of those uber-popular gold flakie top coats that appeared on the mani scene last winter (think:  OPI Man with the Golden Gun, Zoya Gilty, etc.).



Because of its neutral palette, this is a mani that goes with practically everything.

Black gown?  No problem. 

Crisp white shirt and jeans?  Done!


Business attire?  You nailed it, girlfriend!


In the end, we've got ourselves a versatile and blingy mani of subtle proportions.  Under low light conditions, the gilded effect is nuanced.  Turn those lights way up, and we're rocking the polish equivalent of 18kt jewelry.  Can't help but be happy with those kind of options, right?!

Thanks so much for taking the time to share in this lovely obsession! You, dear reader, are the best thing since sliced bread!

And how's about a hand for our vacationing hostess with the mostest?  Many thanks, Gini! <3

~ Lisa

You can follow LOZLOSA on these Social Media sites:
Twitter @lozlosa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, suggestions, questions etc. so feel free to leave your feedback! I may not always respond to each and every comment but I do read them all! If you want me to check out your blog leave a comment on the blog roll page (that tab is at the top of the page). Please do not leave links on my main page, they WILL BE DELETED! If you would like to have me review your product you can find my info in the Contact/Pr Info tab at the top of the page! Thanks for reading and subscribing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...