Sassy Friends!

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

ABC Challenge O is for OPI


Welcome to week "O" of the ABC Challenge! I had a mani in my head for this day for a while,but when I tried to create it I wound up with a big fat FAIL! So I scrapped that idea and went with something easy for this weeks letter. I decided to go with 2 beauties that I had on my wish list for a very long time that Alaina from Don't Spill the Acetone sent me for our St. Patty's exchange. Thanks Alaina! 

OPI Grape, Set, Match & Servin' Up Sparkle
I had a hell of a time trying to get color accurate pictures of Grape, Set, Match. These purples with the blue shimmer just make my camera wig out! It's close to the actual color, but it's a tad brighter IRL. These photos are shown as 4 coats no top coat. Yes 4 coats, and I still had some bald spots. Gorgeous polish but the formula left something to be desired, it just didn't seem to want to stop pulling the color. Oh well, it's still amazing.





Servin' Up Sparkle is shown as 1 coat not top coat. I wouldn't recommend wearing this without a top coat but since I was just taking it off right away I decided to go a head and leave it off. 




Blurred to show all the sparkle.
Now I need to go do some laundry! Fun.
 ♥ Gini ♥


15 comments:

  1. I was lucky enough to snag these as a set at Marshall's back when my nail polish hobby (obsession) started and Servin' Up Sparkle remains one of my favorite polishes...so pretty! Love the two together and your camera does way better with those colors than mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these two polishes but I still don't own them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had these two forever but I still love them. They look great on you! I agree the formula on Grape Set & Match can be a bit iffy, but the colour is worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOoooooh that's such a pretty combination!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty purple, love the sparkles too! Great combo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Four coats! I think the combo is great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want them!!!! Beautiful!!n I wouldn't have thought to put the two together, but they make a fabulous combo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that purple, but wow 4 coats. That glitter is pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks amazing. I have Techno by China Glaze which is a dupe of Servin' up Sparkle ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are both stunning, I wish I had them!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful sparkly sparkle chica!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sparkly!!!!! Love the combo but *ugh* at those 4 coats!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous combo! ^^ I love both polishes!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My camera hates purples with blue shimmer too! Anyway, love the two polishes you showed us, and their combination too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, please...with that Servin up the Sparkle on top? Holy chit.

    It's been a real busy week by me, and it is sooooo nice to finally have "nail" time. LOLOLOL.

    My camera does not understand blue. Or purple. Like yours, mine "wigs out." Perfect description.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, suggestions, questions etc. so feel free to leave your feedback! I may not always respond to each and every comment but I do read them all! If you want me to check out your blog leave a comment on the blog roll page (that tab is at the top of the page). Please do not leave links on my main page, they WILL BE DELETED! If you would like to have me review your product you can find my info in the Contact/Pr Info tab at the top of the page! Thanks for reading and subscribing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...