Sassy Friends!

Friday, August 17, 2012

Leo The Lion...so Rare & Radient

Happy Friday everyone! Today is my birthday, so I had to do a special mani for it!
When my nephew was visiting a couple weeks ago he picked out China Glaze Rare & Radiant. It's been said that it's a dupe for Chanel Peridot which I would love to get but refuse to pay $$. Anyhow, since Peridot is August's birthstone I knew when little man picked it I was going to save it for my birthday mani!
(I made a lightbox last night. I may need to add another lamp, but I'm not sure. You be the judge)




I  did 2 coats of  R&R and it was completely opaque.
(These 2 pic were not taken in the light box obviously)

I love the change of color, In the bottle it shifts green, gold, blue. But I had a very hard time trying to capture the blue shift because it wasn't as predominant once applied.




I had to make a lion! It wouldn't be a proper Leo mani without it!



Then I stamped the Leo Zodiac Sign with Mash-34


I added some dots and a clear rhinestone to each.


To finish I topped them all off with SV.


I know this post wasn't very detailed today but I haven't been to bed yet and I need to catch a couple hours of sleep today.

Anyway, that's the birthday mani.
What do you guys think of the pictures? Better with the light box?  No?
TTFN!

5 comments:

  1. This is awesome! Happy birthday fellow Leo!
    The lion is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! :D
    Your nails look amazing, as always ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect birthday mani!! I love, love, LOVE your lion!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aweome manicure! I love it! :)

    Happy (belated) Birthday!

    I think that you've already been tagged for the Liebster Award, but I'll give it to you again because I really like your blog!

    http://carolinesnails.blogspot.com/2012/08/another-blog-award-liebster-award.html?showComment=1345305721166#c3722666208166732275

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you ladies! I had fun creating my lion!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, suggestions, questions etc. so feel free to leave your feedback! I may not always respond to each and every comment but I do read them all! If you want me to check out your blog leave a comment on the blog roll page (that tab is at the top of the page). Please do not leave links on my main page, they WILL BE DELETED! If you would like to have me review your product you can find my info in the Contact/Pr Info tab at the top of the page! Thanks for reading and subscribing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...